My experience and advanced certification allow for a more relaxed massage experience with better results. Massage during pregnancy is widely available, most certified massage professionals have several hours of training regarding basic comfort and safety during prenatal treatments.
What to expect:
- Prenatal treatments are scheduled for 90 minutes.
- Each session includes an aromatherapy blend tailored for mom and baby. Using familiar oils that are consistent over several massage sessions ‘programs’ a relaxation response in the body creating a potent tool for coping with labor and postpartum stress.
- My training includes techniques like connective tissue release and pelvic stabilization. Translation? Lower leg cramps can be addressed in a single session. Muscles and ligaments of the pelvis are released and balanced for less ‘waddle’ in your walk, decreased pubic symphysis pain and increased alignment that can effect the ease of labor and birth.
- Expect to be pillowed for comfort and safety. You may even take a home a few ideas to improve your sleep and relieve common pregnancy discomforts.
- Belly massage is optional. Abdominal massage releases the anterior hip and respiratory diaphragm frequently giving mom and baby more room to breathe!
- Craniosacral Therapy is integrated in all of my massage sessions. CST is a modality that targets the nervous system. If you are stressed, scared or restless, having trouble digesting or sleeping, this gentle touch therapy may help. Craniosacral Therapy
Newborn & Postpartum Care
Our birth experience is our primal ‘ignition switch’. It has great bearing on how we will bond and relate to the people around us, how our immune system functions, and how our metabolism works as well as jump starting our lungs and endocrine system. Common newborn experiences such as:
- Nursing difficulty – poor latching, asymmetrical latching, etc.
- Sleeping/walking difficulties
- “Colic” or digestive issues
- Bonding issues
are potentially disruptions or patterns formed by the birthing process. Craniosacral Therapy for newborns is an effective, non invasive way of addressing these issues in both baby and mom. Postpartum care packages are available to help new moms access this care.
Bringing the knowledge and experience of a doula to your birth is like bringing a roadmap to navigate the common bumps and landmarks of the birth process.
My years of experience include hospital and home birth settings and the variety of birth experiences found between them. Contact me for more information.
A doula can make a big difference. Women with continuous labor support were shown to be:
- 28% less likely to have a cesarean section
- 31% less likely to use synthetic oxytocin to speed up labor
- 9% less likely to use any pain medication
- 34% less likely to rate their childbirth experience negatively.